How to Make Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
The first thing to do when cooking is to write down all the ingredients and the amount needed. So when you go to the store, you know what and what size of that item to get. The ingredients for the chicken in creamy mushroom sauce is as follows:
● 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
● 2 8 oz packages fresh cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
● 3 cloves of garlic, minced
● 3 8-10 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved horizontally
● 1 10. 75 ounces can condensed golden mushroom soup
● ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth ● ½ of an 8-oz tub of cream cheese spread onion and chives flavor
● 1 0.7 ounces envelope Italian dry salad dressing mix
The steps to make this recipe is:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. In a 12” skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, that you sliced earlier or that came pre-sliced and the 3 cloves of garlic that are minced. Cook stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and the liquid evaporates.
2. Place chicken pieces in a single layer in a 3 qt. rectangular baking dish. Spoon mushroom mixture over the chicken. In a medium bowl whisk together the next four ingredients (through dressing mix) until combined; spoon over chicken.
3. Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees). I personally, only cooked it for about 20 minutes. Serve with any side. Makes 6 servings of 1 breast half and ½ cup sauce each.
Disclaimer: This recipe is copied from Better Homes & Gardens 17th edition new cookbook. The image is taken from online, also